- 1 17.5 oz pouch Betty Crocker® molasses cookies
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 12 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T. festive sprinkles
Molasses Cheesecake Bars – a dense and soft molasses cookie layer with a festive sprinkle packed cheesecake top.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Leave a little overhang on two sides of the pan to use as handles. Spray the parchment paper and sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the molasses cookie mix, ground ginger and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add in the butter and egg. Using a hand mixer, mix on medium until the butter and egg is thoroughly incorporated.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the cookie is baking, start working on the cheesecake layer.
In a clean mixing bowl, add in the room temperature cream cheese. Using the hand mixer, mix until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add in the sugar and egg. Mix on medium until the egg is thoroughly incorporated. Scrape down the sides and give it a final mix.
- Add in the 2 tablespoons of festive sprinkles into the cheesecake batter. Give it a few stirs, but don’t overwork it since it will spread the color of the sprinkles.
- Once the cookie bar has baked for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Immediately pour the cheesecake batter on top of the cookie bar.
Spread it evenly over top of the bar.
- Place in the 325 degree oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Give the cheesecake a jiggle and if the edges stay firm, it’s ready.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Place in the fridge overnight.
Cut and serve.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0