- 75 grams unsalted pistachios, shelled
- 100 grams sugar, divided
- 230 grams unsalted butter, softened
Small details are always welcome to brighten the last days of the year, and these pistachio linzer cookies are perfect!
- In a food processor, process the pistachios with 50 grams (1.76 oz) of sugar until fine textured but not powdered. Reserve.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter with the remaining 50 grams (1.76 oz) sugar, until creamy and lighter in color. Add the egg yolk and beat. Add the flour, orange zest, vanilla extract, salt and reserved pistachios. Beat on low speed until the dough forms moist clumps.
- Scrape the dough onto a work surface. Gather the dough into a big ball and divide into two approximately equal piles. Form two discs, wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For more directions visit the recipe at www.sweetcannela.com
Share & Print
100 0 100 1