- 2 tsp. (1 pkg) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 1 + ½ cups (15 oz. can) pumpkin puree
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup + 2 T. granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 4 pasteurized egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 T. powdered sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups gingersnaps, crushed
- 2 T. finely chopped candied ginger
Spiced Pumpkin Parfaits – Spiced up pumpkin parfaits with a tangy whipped cream and a hint of booze!
- Add the gelatin and triple sec into a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the small bowl into a bowl of warm water for about 2 minutes until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Leave the gelatin in the warm water and continue to work on the custard.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the pumpkin, heavy cream, ½ cup granulated sugar, egg yolks, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Whisk until incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl.
Add the gelatin mixture into the bowl of pumpkin. Whisk until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill until completely cooled.
- Once the pumpkin custard is cooled, add the egg whites into a clean bowl. Beat the egg whites on high until soft peaks form.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and continue to beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Fold one-third of the egg whites into the pumpkin custard to lighten it up.
- Add in the next one-third and carefully fold it in.
Add the last third of the egg whites and carefully fold it until smooth.
- Whipped Cream
In a bowl, add in the heavy cream, Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, and salt. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- In five dishes, add layers of gingersnaps, pumpkin custard, and whipped cream. Repeat a second layer. Top with crumbs and chopped candied ginger.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0